10 WAYS TO STAY SAFE WHILE WORKING FROM HOME
Many people have transitioned to a work-from-home schedule over the past year. Here are ten electric safety tips to implement:
- Avoid overloading outlets and use a power strip.
- Unplug appliances when you’re not using them to save energy and minimize the risk of shock or fire
- Regularly inspect electrical cords and extension cords for damage
- Extension cords should be used only on a temporary basis
- Never plug a space heater or fan into an extension cord or power strip
- Never run cords under rugs, carpets, doors or windows
- Plug in smartly – make sure cords do not become tripping hazards
- Keep papers and other potential combustibles at least three feet away from space heaters and other heat sources
- Make sure you use proper wattage for lamps and lighting
- Make sure your home has smoke alarms. Test them monthly, change batteries annually and replace the alarm every 10 years
For more safety tips, visit sdge.com/safety.